Last week I made a journal cover for a boy, so this week I had to bring one for girls.
It’s nameless because I can personalise as people’s wishes.
I’m working on two more with castles (purples) and four with princess carriages, then I’m out of die cuts. I don’t own the die cutters, I buy the die cuts from Tracey. But if I have Fairy Godmothers queueing up to by journals for their Princesses, then I’ll order more 😉
Manuscript Background stamp set by Artemio
Flowering Flourishes Stamp Set by Stampin’ Up!
Tattered Rose, Worn Lipstick, Picked raspberry, Shaded Lilac and Dusty Concord distress ink
Die cuts & gems
Liquid glue, I used Tombow Multi-Purpose Adhesive
For my first layer I used the Manuscript Background stamp, and the Tattered Rose distress ink.
For the second layer I combined the big stamp from the Flowering Flourishes Stamp Set with Worn Lipstick distress ink.
I then used Shaded Lilac to distress from the outside to the inside, but without covering my entire surface.
Dusty Concord to darken the edges.
Picked Raspberry to ink the edges of my words and the princess.
I wanted to add some texture to the die cuts, so I’ve tried the technique share by Debbie on this post. Trouble was my die cuts weren’t glossy paper, so the paper absorbed all paint almost immediately, and by the time I was trying to wrinkle the plastic wrap there was no paint left. I guess it would be fun to use the technique first and then die cut.
So, here is the cover waiting for a Princess’s name.
Feel free to pin, like, share, tweak, adapt, be inspired, or just contact me if there is anything I can help with.
In Love & Gratitude,