Okay, so today I have a another journal to share with you. I love making covers for journals!
As I was refilling some stuff in my kitchen, I ended up with a pile of cardboard to throw in the recycle bin, which made me think that I could start the recycling straight from my house.
And indeed I recycled the cardboard from the boxes of cereals, biscuits, coffee and anything that came in a cardboard packaging.
For that I used the Big Shot to cut the images, then I just applied some gesso to make them white, so I can use any colour.
I distressed the branch with Brushed Corduroy distress ink first, then I used one of the stamps from the Cracks & Specks stamp set with embossing ink, and brown embossing powder.
I loved the result so much, I did it again but this time I used Black Soot distress ink and black embossing powder.
Here I used the Brick Wall Decorative Strip Die to make the mask, and the Homemade Smooth Texture Paste recipe (scroll down a bit to find the recipe) by Gabrielle Pollacco.
After the Texture Paste was dry, I distressed my main page plus the Arches.
I then grabbed a Aqua Painter and used it with different colours on the brick wall.
Allowed it to dry and embossed it with clear embossing powder.
I also embossed the birds, first with white embossing powder, then with an embossing powder that is a mix of colours, using the same stamp again for some texture.
Here I first stamped the image with the Lightning Black ink, but for some reason the image wasn’t clear so, as I was ready to start from scratch again I had the impulse to clean the image with a baby wipe… Just out of curiosity… And what happened was that the black ink was removed leaving a white shade of the image. Here I didn’t hesitate and stamped the image again with the Black Archival ink, and I was amazed by the result! If I wanted to have the white shadow on purpose I probably couldn’t get it…
For the printed title I tore the top and bottom, and distressed it with Old Paper and Scattered Straw.
After stamping the other images, I inked the edges with Whisper White ink.
I coloured the stars on my title with a white pen, and sprayed the sheet with Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz. Which was not a very good idea as the combination of the water based product interfere with the distress inks… But, I love the shimmer.
The last thing I did before attaching my elements with liquid glue, was to stamp the background with the Flowering Flourishes Stamp Set. It really gives the final touch… I think. Meaning, I love it!
Then I added a layer of black cardstock, and the cover was ready.
Close up pics
Find my Facebook like page here.
Feel free to pin, like, share, tweak, adapt, be inspired, or just contact me if there is anything I can help with.
In Love & Gratitude,